It’s back. Durham Distillery has released its Strawberry and Pink Pepper Liqueur for summer. Here’s how you should be drinking it…
50ml Durham Strawberry and Pink Pepper Liqueur
Fever-Tree Aromatic Tonic Water
Fresh strawberries and raspberries to garnish
Pour your liqueur into a large glass with plenty of ice.
Top up with a splash of FeverTree Aromatic Tonic Water.
Garnish with thinly sliced strawberries and fresh raspberries or, if you fancy something a little different, why not try a frozen thyme and strawberry ice cube?
• Nose: Strawberry Jam • Sweet: Fresh, sweet strawberry • Warmth: Hint of soft, but spicy, pink peppercorn
• To make the Strawberry and Pink Pepper liqueur, Durham Gin is infused with extra pink peppercorns and combined with fresh British strawberry juice. It contains no artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners and has a fresh, natural sweetness balanced with the delicate warmth of pink peppercorn.
• Durham Gin is complex and unique in both its flavour profile and distillation techniques.
• It’s a small-batch gin, hand-crafted in a copper pot still named Lily, by head distiller Jess Tomlinson.
• It features 10 botanicals which are added at different stages of the process.
• Classic botanicals including angelica, orange and coriander (and obviously juniper) give the true body to the gin.
• More unusual botanicals such as celery seed and pink peppercorn add slightly savoury but warm spicy notes.