It’s the new bar and kitchen in the North East that everyone is raving about – and there’s no surprise as to why. With unrivalled views of Roker beach and a sun-drenched (good ol’ British weather permitting!) terrace, you’d be forgiven if you actually thought you were somewhere in the Mediterranean rather than Sunderland. Here’s Savour editor, Georga Spottiswood’s, top 10 reasons to visit:
1. Have you seen the views?
2. This stylish new gin bar and kitchen has more than 200 different gins from around the world.
3. It also features eco-friendly wines, Sea Change, and every bottle bought helps fund ocean conservation projects.
4. They do alcohol-free gins if you’re pregnant, on a health kick or tee-total.
5. The cheese and charcuterie sharing boards are insanely good – and the products are all sourced from top farmers and producers across the UK.
6. Did I mention the views!
7. It’s been opened by entrepreneurs Beth Hardy and Ben Davis, along with Ben’s dad, Trevor. The trio also own Tin of Sardines Durham, Poole and Old Toms Gin Bar, in Durham – and they have tonnes of experience in delivering top-class venues
8. You can enjoy a morning coffee and some breakfast or brunch on the terrace. See if you can spot the pod of dolphins living in the North Sea.
9. As well as breakfast, brunch, lunch and sharing boards, there are veggie options too.
10. The new Bottomless Brunch offer means you can enjoy unlimited Prosecco, G&Ts and cheese and a charcuterie board for two hours, all for just £30pp. Or upgrade to Champers for £40. Guess where I’m heading back to once I’ve popped the baby!