- Lemon zest
- Lime zest
- 1 Tsp chopped dill
- 50g salt
- 50g sugar
- 1 shallot diced
- 6 capers chopped
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 fillets of trout (skinned & boned)
- Salt to taste
- Cure one of the trout fillets in salt, sugar, lemon, lime for 24hrs in the fridge. Take out and wash off the curing mix, slice thinly, cover with cling film and place back in the refrigerator.
- Dice the remaining trout fillet into 4ml dice and season with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Mix in the diced shallots, capers and dill.
- Take trout out of the fridge 10 minutes prior to serving.
- Serve with some tossed salad leaves and warm crusty bread.