Max Gott is owner of Jesmond’s Bistro Forty Six – a restaurant which aims to make game accessible to all. Get trying his pheasant tacos.
4 pheasant breasts
1 red pepper
5 garlic cloves
1 tbsp hot smoked paprika
1 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin
150ml crème fraîche
Bunch of coriander
Bunch of parsley
• Cut the pheasant and peppers into strips.
• Thinly slice the shallots.
• Put the pheasant, peppers, shallots and all the herbs and spices into a bowl with a splash of oil and mix. Leave to marinade for at least 1 hour.
FOR THE GARLIC CRÈME FRAÎCHE
• Roast off 5 pieces of garlic in a pan with a pinch of salt.
• Once soft, pour in the crème fraîche and blitz with a blender. Add some chopped parsley
FOR THE TACOS (THE CHEATING WAY) • Get prep made tortilla wraps and with a cutter, cut 3 to 4 circles out of 1 wrap (depending on the size you want).
• Next, place in tinfoil or a circle ring to curve, and bake for 45 seconds until it holds its shape.
• Repeat this step to make 8/10 softshell tacos.
• In a hot pan, fry the marinated pheasant mix until cooked. Season and add some chopped parsley or coriander and place in taco shells with a big dollop of garlic crème fraîche on top.