He did the mash, he did the monster mash … and then he muddled and stirred and came up with this Watermelon Monster Cocktail that’s fit for any Halloween gathering this weekend.
Scott Wilson-Laing is the owner of North East-based WL Distillery, and here he gives us a spooktacular recipe to make this weekend.
Watermelon Gin from WL Distillery
Acai Berry Powered
1. Take 50ml Wilson’s Gin Club Watermelon and Liquorice Gin, 25ml Fresh Lime Juice and 1 teaspoon of acai powder and mix into a shaker with ice
2. Shake vigorously and pour through a strainer into a glass and add tonic as required
To make the Liquorice Spider
1. Cut liquorice into 8 even strips and place them to form with one end overlapping to form the legs
2. Cut a longer piece to wrap around where the leg ends join to form the body and seal using edible glue
3. Use edible glue to attack two edible eyes to the top of the body, drape over the edge of the glass and enjoy.